Planning on taking the family to Taste of Cincinnati this weekend? We checked in with event organizers and got a few tips to make the outing a breeze!
Check out the menu and map online before you go. Each booth will also have free, printed event guides with maps to help you navigate the event.
We all know that kids can be finicky eaters, so here a few food recommendations just for them:
- Buona Terra Gelato – Flavors: Cake Batter, Cookies and Cream, Tiramisu, Strawberries and Cream, Pink Lemonade, Blood Orange
- Busken Bakery – Smile Face Cookie, Yagoot (various flavors)
- C’est Cheese Food Truck – Cheesy Wonder grilled cheese sandwich
- Delicio Coal Fired Pizza – Pepperoni Pizza
- Eddie’s Southern Style BBQ – Chicken Tenders with Fries
- Keystone Bar & Grill – House made Mac & Cheese
- Larosa’s – Cheese or Pepperoni pizza
- Sammy’s Craft Burgers & Beers – Sammy’s Slider
- Streetpops – Orange Creamsicle, Pineapple Strawberry Swirl, Pink Lemonade, Pomegranate Tangerine, Thai Basil Lime Streetpop
- The Chili Hut Food Truck – 3 way or cheese coney
- SugarSnap! Sweet Treats – 1/4 Pound Cookies. Gourmet Cupcakes, Salted Caramel Brownies
Aloso, there is a water station located between Sycamore and Broadway where you can fill up water bottles for free or just splash your face to cool down!
Rides & Games
There is a dedicated children’s area with rides and games on Sentinel Street near the east end of the event. There is a ticket stand where tickets can be purchased for the rides and games. Tickets are $1.50 each and each ride/game typically costs 2 – 3 tickets. Families can also buy sheets of 30 tickets for $30 to save some bucks. Tickets can only be purchased with cash. ATMs are available onsite.
Nathan’s Mobile Sampling Tour
Nathan’s Mobile Sampling Tour is bringing a taste of Coney Island to Cincinnati. It’s half circus, part arcade and lots of fun! Kids can enjoy free games and samples of Nathan’s hotdogs. The Nathan’s area can be found at the South corner of Fifth & Broadway.
The Big Bite Tour
The Big Bite Tour is a section of booths offering a variety of free snacks and food samples. There is also a misting station if the family needs to cool down! The Big Bite Tour can be found at the North corner of Fifth & Broadway.
Get there early
Hours for the weekend are 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. on Monday. It’s best to get there as early as possible to avoid crowds and for easier navigation. While a stroller lane isn’t available, I suggest picking out your destination on the map and then walking BEHIND the booths on the sidewalk to get there rather than walking through the street.
Parking & Street Closures
- Be sure to check tasteofcincinnati.com for street closure information before you head down.
The closest parking garages include:
- Fountain Square Garage – entrance on Vine Street only during Taste weekend
520 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Fourth & Main Garage
430 Main St., Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Broadway Garage
310 Broadway, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Queen City Square Garage
303 Broadway St, Cincinnati, OH 45202
*Garage hours and rates may vary due to the special event.
You can check out www.bestparking.com for more parking options throughout downtown and OTR and take the Cincinnati Bell Connector. The Connector is stroller and wheelchair accessible. Route information can be found at http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/streetcar/. Fare is $1 for two hours and $2 for a day pass. Children between 35 and 45 inches may also purchase a $0.50 half-fare two-hour ticket. Children under 35 inches ride free. Children over 45 inches pay full fare. If you plan to take the Connector, download the Cincy EZRide app: that way, you can avoid lines at the ticket vending machine by using the free Cincy EZRide app to purchase streetcar and Metro tickets on your mobile phone.
Most important of all …. have FUN!!