1 small zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh basil, coarsely chopped
8 oz mild Italian sausage (2-3 links), sliced
8 oz rigatoni pasta
1 cup fresh pre-diced onions
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
1 1/2 cups specialty pasta sauce
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
- Slice zucchini and squash; cut tomatoes into 1-inch pieces. Chop basil.
- Cut sausage into small bite-size pieces (wash hands).
- Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
- Combine zucchini, squash, onions, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and vegetable seasoning; set aside.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no pink remains. Remove sausage from pan.
- Add vegetable mixture to same pan; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and brown.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in tomatoes, pasta, sausage, and pasta sauce, then cover; simmer 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with basil and cheese; serve.
Serves 4. Recipe courtesy of Publix.