Pack up the family to catch a free or inexpensive outdoor concert as the summer season winds down:
- The Leroy Ellington Band will bring their crowd-pleasing style to Boone Woods on Aug. 22 at 7 p.m. Visit bcpl.org.
- Enjoy dance tunes and old-time songs from the Rabbit Hash String Band at the Florence Branch Library (7425 US Hwy. 42, Florence) at 2 p.m. on Aug. 23. Visit bcpl.org.
- The Wulfe Brothers will present an “Awesome 80s Concert” at Walton Community Park (35 Old Stephenson-Mill Road, Walton) on Aug. 15 at 7 p.m. Visit boonecountyky.org.
- Music@BCM wraps up its summer series at the Behringer-Crawford Museum (1600 Montaue Road, Devou Park, Covington) with a performance Big Finish on Aug. 13. Doors open at 6 p.m., and concerts begin at 7 p.m. Admission is $5 adults, $3 ages 3 – 12. Call 859-491-4003 or visit bcmuseum.org.
- The City of Fort Thomas offers free musical treats in the Tower Park, Amphitheatre (900 Cochran Ave.) including the Fort Thomas Cabaret at 7 p.m. on Aug. 11, and the eclectic sounds of Beginnings at 7 p.m. on Aug. 18. Visit ftthomas.org.
- Bring your lawn chairs and camp out in front of Joseph-Beth Booksellers (2792 Town Center Blvd., Crestview Hills) at 8 p.m. on Aug. 14 for a free concert from Luk Nichols and Jamison Road. Call 859-341-7373 or visit shopcrestviewhillstowncenter.com.