Mini Meatball Sandwiches
- 1 pound Ground Chuck Or Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Panko Or Other Bread Crumbs
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 jar (large) Marinara Sauce
- 12 whole Dinner Rolls (or Slider Rolls)
- 4 slices Provolone Cheese, Cut Into Four Wedges Each
Mix meat with bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper, and milk. Knead together with hands. Roll into heaping tablespoon-sized rolls.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for one minute. Add meatballs between the onions and brown for one minute. (You might have to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your skillet.)
Pour in jar of marinara; shake pan gently to mix. Put on lid and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
When ready to serve, cut each dinner roll in half. Place a wedge of Provolone on the top and bottom of each roll. Spoon a meatball with the sauce onto the bottom bun; top with the top bun.
Serves 6. Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.