- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet or hot Italian pork sausages, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium green and/or red peppers, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 medium onions, thickly sliced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar PregoÂ® Traditional Italian Sauce or PregoÂ® Organic Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 3/4 pound uncooked tube-shaped pasta (penne or ziti), cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage in 2 batches and cook until it’s well browned. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the remaining oil. Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir the pasta sauce into the skillet. Heat to a boil. Return the sausage to the skillet and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve over the pasta and sprinkle with cheese.