Want a super fun, super easy craft to do with your kids today? Giant Lady Bugs are the way to go. They are so quick to make that you will probably make lots. You can get creative and use different colors, too.
What you need:
Red construction paper
Black construction paper
What you do:
- Take a paper plate and lay it on top of the red construction paper and trace around the edge
- Repeat for the black construction paper
- Cut the circles out
- Then cut the red circle in half – this will make the wings
- Now take a cup and put it on the extra black construction paper and trace the edge
- Cut out the circle
- Glue the small circle to the top under side of the lady bug with only half of the black circle showing – this will make the lady bug’s head
- Flip it back over
- Glue the top corners of the red wings to the top part of the black circle just under the head
- Take your black crayon and draw circles
You now have your very own lady bug. You can get even more creative by adding more features if you like. We added googly eyes to ours. They are cute to hang on the fridge or punch a hole in the top and hang with string.