- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 2 pounds cod, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
- In a large stockpot, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute onions, mushrooms and celery in butter until tender.
- Add chicken stock and potatoes; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish, and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix together clam juice and flour until smooth; stir into soup. Remove from heat, and stir in evaporated milk. Serve.