Summer reading begins at Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library. Eligible locations will also provide free meals and snacks, in partnership with UMC Food Ministries. The library is offering early literacy programming all summer and the summer learning journey is for kids and teens.
Head to the Cincinnati library’s Discover Summer page or call 513-369-6900 for more information.
Need some great summer reading finds for the kids? Here are our top 10 kids’ books we recommend for all ages:
- Julian Is A Mermaid by Jessica Love
- A is for Activist by Innosanto Nagara
- Lovely by Jess Hong
- Little Bitty Friends by Elizabeth McPike and Patrice Barton
- I Like Myself by Karen Beaumont and David Catrow
- Just Ask Be Different Be Brave Be You by Sonia Sotomayer & Rafael Lopez
- What Color Is A Kiss by Rocio Bonilla, author and illustrator
- My Papa Is A Princess, My Mama Is A Mechanic by Doug Cenko
- Fiona’s Feelings by Dr. John Hutton and the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
- Baby Feminists by Libby Babbott Klein and Jessica Walker