It’s NEVER too young to start swim lessons. In a 2019 statement, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommended parents start swimming lessons for their children beginning at age 1.
“Drowning is the single leading cause of injury-related death among children ages 1 to 4,” says Sarah Denny, M.D., F.A.A.P., lead author of the AAP policy statement, “Prevention of Drowning” published online in Pediatrics.
Locally, here’s where to get your children lessons:
Bear Paddle Swim School
• Florence | 4012 Seligman Drive Florence, Ky | 859-982-5330
• Oakley | 3099 Disney St. Cincinnati | 513-212-6776
• Mason | 9376 Mason Montgomery Road | 513-463-1946
British Swim School Tri County at Five Seasons Family Sports Club
Cincinnati Sports Club
3950 Red Bank Road
Goldfish Swim School
• Anderson | 8253 Beechmont Ave. | 513-813-5534
• West Chester | 7058 Ridgetop Drive | 513-449-2751
Infant Swim Resource (ISR)
Multiple locations.This program is for ages 6 months and older.
Lori’s H20 Skills
5610 Wolfpen Pleasant Hill Road
Milford | 513-515-8468
• Anderson | 7495 State Road | 513-942-7539
• Fairfield | 3050 Mack Road | 513-682-1212
• Queen City | 3131 Queen City Ave. | 513-389-5600
Silverlake “The Family Place”
301 Kenton Lands Road
Swim School at the Mayerson JCC
8485 Ridge Road
The Swim School at Kids First Sports Center
7900 E. Kemper Road
Town & Country Sports Complex
1018 Town Drive
TriHealth Swimming Lessons
6200 Pfeiffer Road
513-246-2630 | Aquababies and more.
YMCA of Greater Cincinnati