Now that the economy is re-opening, you may be getting a call from the doc to reschedule the appointment or surgery you missed. Here is what hospitals are doing right now to comply with COVID-19 safety guidelines.
Mercy Health is now providing safe emergency, non-emergent and elective care, in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
• Temporarily reduced entry points to facilities to better protect the health and safety of all who enter.
• Patients in all care settings are asked about symptoms and history; including temperature checks. This helps to identify any potential COVID-19 exposures early on.
• All patients will be masked when entering the entry to the facility and will remain masked.
• Visitor restrictions in place – they ask that people do not visit Mercy Health facilities.
• Implementing social distancing guidelines, especially in public areas including lobbies.
• Associates are following personal protective equipment (PPE) guidelines including wearing masks in all settings, and wearing additional PPE on units where appropriate.
• In addition to Mercy’s normal cleanliness standards, environmental cleaning and disinfection procedures are being followed consistently and correctly according to CDC recommendations for COVID-19.
Source: Mercy Health; mercy.com.
TriHealth facilities are conducting health screening at entrances; mandatory mask-wearing for patients, visitors, team members and physicians; physical distancing; hand-washing/hand sanitizer use mandated for all team members and physicians and encouraged for all others to avoid the spread of COVID-19:
• At-the-Door Screenings – All facilities are screening every person, including team members and providers, in two ways before entering the building: temperature checks and symptom screening developed by the CDC.
• Visitor Restrictions – Check with each location before visiting. All visitors will be screened before entering a facility and must wear a mask.
• Universal Mask Guidelines – All visitors, patients, team members and physicians must wear masks at all times.
• COVID-19 Patients, or those under investigation who are admitted to one of TriHealth’s hospitals is cared for with special isolation precautions by a dedicated team of physicians, nurses and other health care providers.
• Patient Testing Before Procedures – Patients scheduled for a procedure or surgery will be tested for COVID-19 before they enter a care area for their medical service.
Source: TriHealth; trihealth.com.
• Appointments – For all services, you will be asked COVID-19 screening questions.
• Masks: Anyone who enters the building must wear a face covering or mask. If are unable to bring one with you, they will provide you with one once you arrive. All Premier Health staff members will be wearing masks as well.
• Arrival – Prepare for a brief screening for safety purposes before entering the building and a temperature check it for you.
• Arrive On Time, Not Early – To ensure social distancing in waiting areas. Expect distancing decals on floors.
• Visitor Restrictions – One visitor allowed, or one support person for outpatient procedures if you need assistance; patients younger than 18 may only bring a parent or guardian.
Source: Premiere Health; premierhealth.com.
MOBILE MAMMOGRAPHY COACH IS BACK
Premier Health’s mobile mammography coach is back. The mobile mammography coach follows all CDC guidelines for hand hygiene, the use of masks and additional personal protective equipment and more. Schedule a mammogram by calling 844-453-4199. For more information and coach locations visit premierhealth.com/mammo.
CVS MINUTE E-CLINIC VISITS
CVS MinuteClinic now offers E-Clinic visits to help you get safe and affordable non-emergency care. Most insurance plans cover E-Clinic visits, designed so you can connect virtually with MinuteClinic practitioners for evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of common injuries, common and chronic illnesses and skin conditions. MinuteClinic operates at various locations inside CVS Pharmacy stores. To find the a clinic closest to you and to schedule an appointment, visit minuteclinic.com.