This is so simple to do that even a 6-year-old can do this … with just a little help from an adult.
What You’ll Need
What You’ll Do
- Draw a simple letter on the cardboard.
- Cut that letter out with your scissors.
- Take your yarn and tape the starting point to any corner that you want to start at.
- Start wrapping the yarn in the direction that you taped it to the corner. Follow the direction of the letter and be sure to cover as much of it as you can.
- Once you’ve covered the entire letter going one direction, cut the yarn. Put a piece of tape on the end.
- Tuck the taped piece of the yarn under the wrapped layers of yarn and tape to the cardboard.
- Take another end of the yarn and tape it under the first layer of wrapped yarn, but this time you will be going the opposite direction.
- Start wrapping the yarn around the letter going that different direction. If you went vertical the first time, you will go horizontal this time. This is to ensure that you cover all edges of the cardboard.
- When you cover all your edges and you are done, cut the yarn and tie it in a knot to one of the strands of wrapped yarn.
- Know, you’re all done.
Some letters will be a little trickier to cover with yarn, so just use your imagination and keep wrapping the letter with yarn. You’ll get it covered one way or another, right? So, just have fun with it.