Adding sweet potatoes and curry gives this traditional pot pie recipe a new twist, and will make a great way to use up any leftover turkey.
- 1 can (15 oz) sweet potatoes, drained, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 cups cubed turkey or chicken
- 1 cup Green Giant Steamers frozen sweet peas, thawed, drained
- 3 tbs. chopped sweet yellow onion
- 3 tsp. curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (18.6 oz) Progresso Rich & Hearty chicken pot pie style soup
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
Heat oven to 400 degrees. In large bowl, mix all ingredients except pie crust. Divide mixture evenly into 4 (1.25 to 1.5 cup) ungreased individual ramekins (a 1.25 to 1.5 quart casserole dish can be substituted for ramekins, place whole crust over filled casserole dish). Unroll pie crust on cutting board and cut crust into four wedge-shaped pieces. Top each filled ramekin with one crust piece, trim edges, pinch and flute edges, and use pieces to fill in open areas. Cut several small slits in the crust to let steam escape. Place ramekins on cookie sheet and bake 25 – 33 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. (Cover crust during the last 10 – 15 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.) Let cool five minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury.