For parents traveling on air planesÂ with infants and tots this Thanksgiving, plan ahead with these handy tips: Â
• Travel with a backpack so your hands are free for the kids
• Try to schedule a feeding for departure time. Â This way, the sucking motion will make Baby’s ears pop and he won’t be uncomfortable during takeoff.
• Have everyone wear slip-on shoes so you’re not stuck tying shoes after security clearance
• Consider taking a portable DVD player or laptop with you. Â Sometimes even with all the snacks, sippy cups and small toys, nothing occupies tots better than a movie (just remember, if you’re bringing a laptop that it’s fully charged!)Â
• Bring one complete change of clothing for your little ones in their carry ons in case something gets spilled on them while traveling.
• Have inexpensive, small toys on hand that you can fit in your carry-on. Â Some favorites include travel size Magna Doodle, picture books and hand puppets
• Be sure you have your travel documents in a safe but easily accessible place.