The Cooking School at Jungle Jim’s International Market is giving a proper send-off to tomatoes with a tasty recipe!
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (9×13-inch sheets), thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- 2-3 tablespoons Roasted Onion Garlic Jam or Fig Jam
- 4-5 ounces shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- 2 medium/large heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Handful grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375°. Brush a 9x13x1-inch rimmed baking pan (quarter sheet pan) with some of the melted butter.
Line bottom of buttered pan with 1 sheet of phyllo dough and brush lightly with butter. Repeat layers with remaining 7 sheets of phyllo, brushing lightly with butter between each sheet of phyllo (Keep dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel if necessary between layers to prevent it from drying out.)
Brush onion jam lightly over the last layer of phyllo. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over jam. Arrange tomatoes over cheese, filling spaces between large heirloom slices with sliced grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Bake 35-40 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and cool 3-5 minutes before slicing.