Quick, easy and tasty! Serves 6.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat; drain. Add the water, taco seasoning and tomato sauce; mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in macaroni, chilies and 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through.