A Valentine’s Day Special: Craft 3
Here’s a craft for kids that is simple, fun and helps decorate your home for Valentine’s Day. String My Heart Along is a garland that you can hang just about anywhere — mantles, doorways, candlestick to candlestick, etc.
What You Need
Red or Pink Felt (or both)
Thin White Ribbon
What You Do
- Cut out a square out of the felt in any size you want, but not too big.
- Fold the square in half and cut out a heart like you would if you were using paper.
- Now, take your scissors and cut a 1/8″ vertical line about 1/4″ in from the top point of one side of the the heart and again on the other side — leaving two slots at the top of the heart.
- Cut a piece of white ribbon long enough to hang where you are going to place it.
- Slide the ribbon through the slots along the top of the heart.
- Repeat steps 1 – 3 with hearts varying in sizes and enough to fill the length of your ribbon.
Now, your String My Heart Along garland is ready to be hung.