Kids can make their own stained glass works of art using simple things you may already have at home!
What You’ll Need
Vellum paper (can be found at office supply stores or hobby stores)
What You’ll Do
- Cut your vellum paper into squares or rectangles just to make the stained glass works of art a little smaller. Gather your markers, too.
- With a black marker, draw a simple design all over the paper.
- Take a different color marker and color in the different shapes made by the design. Be sure to separate the colors so that you don’t have two of the same color next to each other.
- Fill in all the shapes and let dry. As you’re coloring, you can even allow the marker to pull some of the black in from the line drawing to give it just a little shadowing.
- Now you are ready to hang it in a window.
You can do this to several pieces of the vellum and possibly cover an entire window … or just a little strip along the bottom.