I know … it’s too hot to think about snowflakes. But, then again, maybe it’s just what we need to keep our minds off the heat. This craft is a little tricky and I only recommend it for the more mature/older kids … with help from parents, of course.
What You Need
Smooth non-porous surface (like a countertop or pan, but nothing wood)
What You Do
- Heat the hot glue gun.
- Cut a piece of ribbon while the glue is heating up.
- Once the glue is ready, steadily draw out a snowflake pattern on your chosen surface.
- Let dry.
- With your spoon, gently poke and push up the edges of your snowflake until you can carefully/slowly remove it from the surface. This should be pretty easy as hot glue typically peels right off smooth surfaces.
- Take your ribbon and tie it to your snowflake.
- Hang your creation anywhere.
This is a great idea for gift tags, suncatchers, Christmas ornaments and more.
You can even take this idea and transform your creations into scary spiderwebs for Halloween!