- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined and butterflied
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons white sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute mushrooms until soft. Season with salt to taste; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat; cook shrimp for a few minutes. Season with salt to taste; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute shallots for a few minutes. Pour in port wine, white wine and cream; allow to cook over medium-low heat until it thickens.
- Stir in mushrooms, shrimp, garlic, salt, sugar and ground white pepper; toss with pasta and serve.