Sauteed Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh)
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; saute until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- Pour wine into hot skillet; cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Whisk in cream, mustard, and tarragon. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour any accumulated chicken juices from plate into sauce. Right before serving, drizzle cream sauce over chicken.
Serves 4. Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart.