Here’s a Christmas craft for kids to make that can hold all kinds of little things. You can use this craft to hold straws, utensils and more.
See step-by-step pictorial instructions below, too!
What You’ll Need
Empty, clean Pringles can
8×10 red felt
8×10 white felt
8×10 black felt
8×10 gold glitter fabric/paper
Glue (can be stick or hot glue)
What You’ll Do
- Clean out the Pringles can.
- Wrap the Pringles can in the red felt and glue in place. There will be some of the can showing at the bottom and the red felt will overlap itself.
- Lay your white felt down horizontally and cut a three-inch strip off of it.
- Fold that strip of white felt in half and glue it together.
- Wrap that folded and glued piece of white felt around the bottom of the Pringles can. Glue it in place. It, too, will overlap itself.
- Lay your black felt down horizontally and cut a two-inch strip off of it.
- Lay your gold glitter paper/fabric (you can also use yellow felt for this) down and cut a three-by-three-inch square off of it.
- Fold that gold square in half gently as to not crease it and cut a slot along the top that is about half an inch down and cut to about half an inch to the edge.
- Do this for the top and bottom until you have what you see in the picture.
- Take your strip of black felt and slide it through the slots to make the belt.
- Wrap the belt around the Pringles can about half way up and glue it in place.
- Set aside to dry.