Rice Krispie treats were always one of my favorites growing up, and adding in peanut butter (another fave) only makes them better. Try this recipe from Food Network!
- 6 tbs. unsalted butter (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 4 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup whole roasted peanuts
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
Butter a 13×9 baking dish. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat until light brown specks start to form and butter smells nutty (10 – 12 minutes). Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove pan from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted. Add cereal and peanuts, stirring until coated. Press the mixture into the pan and let cool. Once cool, melt the chocolate in the microwave and drizzle over the cereal mixture. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Click here for full recipe.