To celebrate summer, let’s make paper flowers to hang around the house! These simple daisy flowers are great crafts for kids.
What you Need
Construction paper (white and yellow)
Ribbon (optional — if you want to hang them)
What you Do
- Take a piece of construction paper and fold it in half vertically
- Cut along the fold
- Take one piece of the paper — keeping it vertical — and start folding it accordion style
- Make sure that when you finish that both ends fold the same direction — you may need to cut off a piece to make sure it does
- Gather it at the middle and staple it at the middle once
- Trim the ends to round them off
- Take one side and pull it up to meet the other side and tape along the back of them to keep them together
- Repeat for the other side
- Cut out a circle from the yellow paper and tape to the middle of the flower (you can also glue this if you would like)
- If you decide to use ribbon, cut the length of the ribbon that you desire and tape/staple it to the backside of one of the folds — along the top of a “petal”
Now you have a cute little flower. Do this as many times as you like. They make for great party decorations, too. You can also change up the colors and make them to match your Fourth of July celebration.