It’s two comfort foods in one! This recipe from the blog damndelicious.com is an easy, one-pot dish that satisfies all kinds of appetites.
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 oz. ground beef
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can of diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup canned white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/5 tsp. cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz. uncooked elbow pasta
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ground beef and cook until browned (about 3 – 5 minutes). Crumble the beef as it cooks, and drain excess fat. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce hit and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13 – 15 minutes. Remove from heat, top with cheese and cover for a couple of minutes until melted. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo from damndelicious.net.