- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium size bowl, combine the bread crumbs and the crab meat. Stir the beaten egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire and Old Bay Seasoning. Lightly mix these ingredients being careful not to overwork the crab meat. Form into 8 round, flat crab cakes.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the cakes on each side until crusty and golden brown. Serve warm.