No, it’s not an “empty” grilled cheese! It’s a different kind of grilled cheese to try out on your kids: Mozzarella, Pesto and Tomato Grilled Cheese. My two (ages 3 and 7) really LOVED it and begged for more!
MPT Grilled Cheese Ingredients
Garlic pesto sauce
Your favorite bread (white, wheat, sourdough, etc.)
How to Make:
- Slice your tomato as thin as you would like.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of some of your favorite garlic pesto sauce onto one side of a piece of bread.
- Set a piece of mozzarella on top of the pesto spread.
- Put a couple of thinly sliced tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Close with another piece of bread.
- Put a little butter in your pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill your sandwich like you would regularly. Keep in mind that the mozzarella cheese takes a little longer to melt.