Have you ever seen the over-sized metal washers at your home supply store? You can use them for a variety of crafts for kids like this pendant craft.
What You’ll Need
Exacto knife (for parental use only!)
Ribbon or string for necklace
What You’ll Do
- Set your giant metal washer on your paper and cut out a square around it. This is just to go ahead an remove most of the excess so it’s not in the way.
- Spread glue all over one side of the washer using the paintbrush.
- Press the square piece of scrapbook paper on top of the glue. Be sure to press down over the edges to make a crease.
- Flip it over and rub it around on your work surface while it’s face down to make sure you have pressed out all the air pockets.
- Parents, with the exacto knife, cut the edges off right to the edge of the washer.
- Cut off a strip of ribbon or string for a necklace. Be sure that it’s big enough to go around your head. Tie a knot at the end.
- Take the looped end of the string and slide it through the center of the washer.
- Take the knotted end and pull it through the looped end that is now sticking out through the washer’s center.
- Pull the knotted end all the way trough, tight.
- Now it’s a necklace!