Here’s a great meatloaf recipe sure to please every boy under your roof.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup crushed crackers
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, eggs, onion, barbecue sauce, cracker crumbs, potato chips, liquid smoke, ground black pepper, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- On a lightly greased cookie sheet, shape the mixture into a loaf. Lay the bacon slices across the width of the loaf so that the entire surface is covered. Cover the loaf loosely with foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.