This cute little looped flower is an easy craft for kids. You can make lots of little flowers to hang around … or turn them into snowflakes in hopes that real ones hit the ground.
What You Need
Toilet paper or paper towel rolls (empty)
What You Do
- Take your empty toilet paper or paper towel roll and flatten it by just pressing down on it along the side.
- With your scissors, cut one-inch strips off the roll, leaving the sides creased where you flattened it.
- One at a time, take a loop that you cut and glue along the edge near the bottom with the point of another one until you have come all the way around and made a flower.
- Before you glue in the last loop, however, be sure to glue a strip of ribbon to the point toward the inside of the “flower” to hang it with.
- Set aside to dry fully.
- Once dry, paint it like a flower or white for a snowflake and let dry completely.
- Then, put glue around the edges of it and lay it down on a piece of tissue to glue the tissue to the back of the “flower” to let the light shine through.
- Set aside to dry.
- Once dry, cut the “flower” out with just a little of a border around the edges.