Here’s a fun, sunny day craft for kids that is easy to do. You can do this on a rainy day to help brighten it up, too. It’s so simple, nearly all ages can participate.
What You Need
White poster board
Yellow poster paint
Dry brown beans
What You Do
- Take your yellow poster paint and pour a little onto a paper plate.
- Allow your child to press his hand into the paint to get the palm of his hand covered in paint.
- Take the paint covered hand and start stamping handprints in a circle.
- Once your circle is complete, set aside to dry.
- After the paint has completely dried, draw a circle in the middle of the handprint collage with the glue and spread a thick amount of glue to fill in that circle.
- Spread out a lot of your dry brown beans over the glue and form a single layer of beans in a circle. (Beans that are standing up or lying atop other beans will not stick to the glue.)
- Set aside to dry.
- Once your craft is dry, you can cut it out in either a simple circle or along the sides of your fingerprint fingers.
Now you have a beautiful, lasting sunflower that you can hang on your wall.