Here’s a fun, sunny day craft for kids that is easy to do. You can do this on a rainy day to help brighten it up, too. It’s so simple, nearly all ages can participate.
What You Do
- Take your yellow poster paint and pour a little onto a paper plate.
- Allow your child to press his hand into the paint to get the palm of his hand covered in paint.
- Take the paint covered hand and start stamping handprints in a circle.
- Once your circle is complete, set aside to dry.
- After the paint has completely dried, draw a circle in the middle of the handprint collage with the glue and spread a thick amount of glue to fill in that circle.
- Spread out a lot of your dry brown beans over the glue and form a single layer of beans in a circle. (Beans that are standing up or lying atop other beans will not stick to the glue.)
- Set aside to dry.
- Once your craft is dry, you can cut it out in either a simple circle or along the sides of your fingerprint fingers.
Now you have a beautiful, lasting sunflower that you can hang on your wall.