Tissue Paper Flowers are simple and easy to do with the kids and perfect for Mother’s Day.
What you need:
Tissue paper of varying colors
Green pipe cleaners
What you do:
- Cut the tissue paper down to a desired size. Rectangles that are 5-by-7 inches make for perfect tiny flowers.
- Stack several sheets of the same size together.
- Fold them into an accordion fold with each section staying about 1 inch wide
- Take one green pipe cleaner and fold the top of it around the center of the accordion folded tissue paper and twist the tie around itself to lock it in place.
- Gently pull up one sheet of tissue paper at a time until the flower is formed.
- Take your flower formation and use the remaining green pipe cleaner attached to it and wind it around the top of a twig.
- Repeat steps until you have your desired amount of flowers and stand them up in the vase.
No water needed and moms with so much to do will appreciate that!
These are cute and you can make them in all sorts of colors. So, have fun and surprise Mom on Mother’s Day.