Here’s a craft that your child could help you with to help add a little something to her room.
What You’ll Need
Rubber flower sink mat
Light dome from ceiling fixture
What You’ll Do
- We found this cute flower sink mat at Lowe’s, but anything like this will work.
- With your scissors, cut the flowers out in strips, leaving the strand of connecting flowers intact.
- Take the dome off the ceiling fixture in her room. This works with ceiling fans, too.
- Set the glass dome on top of something to stabilize it. We used a roll of packing tape.
- With the hot glue, parents!, glue each strand one at a time to the glass dome.
- Be sure to alternate between long and short strips to have an even look. Also, it’s nice to have a sheet of paper under the hot glue gun to keep from damaging your working surface.
- Put the glass dome back in place. You’re all done!
It’s simple, but pretty. My daughter loves hers. If you decide you don’t like it, the hot glue peels right off the glass. Also, be sure to use low wattage bulbs as to not heat the hot glue up too much or the flowers will fall off.