Face Place Holders is a fun craft for kids to do to make sure they have a spot at the dinner table. Not only will it keep the kids from fussing over who’s sitting in whose seat, it will also have them eager to come to the table for dinner as a family.
What You Need
Foam (skin color, hair color, white, eye color, lip color and any accessories you want to make color)
What You Do
- Take a small saucer plate and trace a circle on the foam sheet and cut it out.
- Lay the foam circle on top of the hair color foam and draw an outline of the hair style you want and then cut it out.
- Take a bottle cap and trace it twice on the white foam for eyes.
- Cut out two even smaller circles from the eye color foam for the rest of the eyes.
- Cut out lips from your lip color foam.
- Cut out three different arches out of the hair color for the eyebrows and nose outline.
- Glue all the pieces in place and set aside to dry.
- Once your face is dry, glue it to a tablecloth clamp.
Now, you have your own personal Face Place Holder that simply slides onto the backs of the chairs to let everyone know who is sitting where. So, Mom or Dad can assign seating this way and make a game out of it. First one to their correct chair gets to do something special. Or, first one done washing up for dinner gets to pick their spot and slide their place holder onto their chair of choice.