Spring cleaning is on your mind, right? Â But there are a few stickler items around the house you need a bit more elbow grease for. Â Here are 5 great ways a not-so-average can of coke can be used around the house.
• Use it to clean the soot off of the stones or brick of your fireplace. After the long winter and all those fires, stones are probably stained.Scrub it off with coke.
• Coke also makes an excellent window cleaner – especially car windows which can get tough buildups of gunk. Pour coke on the window and thoroughly wipe it off with a damp cloth
• If you’re heading to the beach for spring break, keep in mind that coke can soothe a jellyfish sting. The good news is that someone on the beach probably has a coke. Just pour the coke over the sting to feel the relief.
• Your pot and pans can get a black film on the bottom that seems impossible to clean. To remove the black and restore the pot to new, pour in a can of coke and put it on the stove on a low heat. After an hour or so, wash the pot as normal.
• Grease stains come loose when you pour a can of coke into the wash with your usual detergent and run it through a normal cycle. Coke, amazingly enough, is also effective for removing blood and deodorizing smelly clothes.