This yummy recipe serves 8.
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- In a large non-skillet, saute the tenderloins. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the mushrooms, red bell peppers and yellow bell peppers and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine and blend in flour. Gradually stir in the chicken broth and half-and-half. Cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to thicken. Add garlic salt and ground black pepper to taste. Blend in the Swiss and Parmesan cheeses and continue heating, stirring constantly, until the cheeses melt.
- Stir in the chicken/vegetable mixture and heat thoroughly. Toss with the cooked pasta and top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.