Open the gates and herd the cattle … I mean kiddos. This easy-to-do craft for kids is fun and silly. You can make an entire pasture of cows, a trough full of pigs … and all you need is just a few items.
What you need
Construction paper in pink and white
Markers or Crayons
What you do
- Cut strips of construction paper in both the pink and white that are about two to three inches wide to be the band to go around your child’s head (you may need to tape two strips together).
- Take another piece of construction paper and fold it in half horizontally and then cut it along the fold.
- Then take one piece that you just cut and fold it in half vertically and then draw an ear on it.
- Cut the ear out (should give you two ears).
- Do this to however many sets of ears you need for pigs and cows.
- Take an ear and fold down about one-third of the way and staple at the edge.
- Then fold that edge in about a half inch and tape to the strip of construction paper of the same color.
- For the cows, take the black marker and make black spots around the band and on the ears.
- Wrap the band around the child’s head and tape.
Here I (Associate Editor Kiera Ashford) am wearing a cow head band that I made. These really are fun to do! Get all the kids together to do this and you will turn your house into a barnyard! They can play around the house (inside or out) making the noises of the animal they are representing.