Cozy up – we are giving these warm baby products away! Click here to enter to win!
SWADDLEDESIGNS Cozy zzZipMe Sack; swaddledesigns.com; $36
Did you know that experts recommend transitioning from swaddling Baby after 2 – 3 months to a wearable blanket for sleep? This nifty two-way zipper makes safe sleep easy. Unzip it from the top, and easily place Baby in the warm sack. Unzip it from the bottom for diaper changes. The award-winning design is 100 percent polyester with a silky satin strip, machine washable, and made in the U.S. Available in size 3 – 6 months; 6 – 12 months; and 12- 18 months.
CAR TRIP TIPS
• Warm up your car before leaving on outings with Baby so the car seat’s not cold.
• Get an early start in order to adjust your car seat harness to Baby’s extra layers of outer wear and so you can navigate carefully in wintry conditions on the roads.
THE ORIGINAL MEMORY MITTENS; JACKANDMARYDESIGNS.COM; $50 ADULT PAIR, $40 CHILD PAIR
Handmade and from a sweater or other garments you no longer wear, these recycled cozy mittens and other cozy weather gear allow you to still cherish items that mean something to you. You can choose a sweater from a loved one you want to remember or anything you want to hold close to you. Try their upcycled Mommy & Me Mittens, Beanie & Mitt Sets for your new arrival and more! Baby hat and mitten set $36.
LAYER UP for the cold
• Start dressing your infant with a soft bodysuit or onesie
• Add a long-sleeved top and pants
• Add a jacket or bunting
• Don’t forget a cozy hat & mittens & top Baby with a blanket for extra warmth
Q FOR QUINN; QFORQUINN.COM; $20+
No more worrying about mismatched socks, mom! These cozy socks are meant to be worn mismatched – to be exact, three pairs can be worn in nine different ways! Perfect for babies and toddlers, each sock pattern is featured in a rhyming book for your little one to find their own sock pattern. Plus, for some extra warm and fuzzies, feel good buying a pair of these organic cotton socks because every pair sold donates a meal to a child in need through the nonprofit, Mary’s Meals.
WHEN IS COLD too cold?
• In general, being outside in wind chills below -15 degrees Fahrenheit should be avoided.
• Newborns are most vulnerable to hypothermia when they’re sleeping in a cold room; keep the temp indoors between 68 and 72 degrees.