Children ages 9-18 can now register to audition for the renowned STAR Intensive NKU and STAR Camp Red Bank programs with The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati. Auditions will be held at The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s new facility, 4015 Red Bank Road, on Friday, February 26, from 6 – 9 p.m. and Saturday, February 27, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Audition time slots are on a first-come, first-served basis, and appointments are mandatory. To register for an audition please visit: www.thechildrenstheatre.com/audition
What to Prepare:
- A memorized, age-appropriate monologue (1 minute MAX). It should showcase your acting skills.
- A memorized 16-bar song selection that best shows your vocal range. Remember to bring your PIANO SHEET MUSIC for your song. An accompanist will be provided. The sheet music MUST have the piano part, not just the vocal line.
- You may be asked to show us your dance ability, so come prepared. Wear appropriate shoes. No flip-flops. Wear appropriate dance clothes please.
- Upon online registration, please be sure to upload a RECENT 8×10 headshot and an UPDATED performance resume; however, please bring your headshot and resume with you to your audition in case we request a paper copy.
- Please plan to arrive at least 20 minutes ahead of your appointment for check-in. If we are ahead of schedule, you may audition early.
ABOUT STAR INTENSIVE NKU:
The STAR Intensive NKU program is a four-week training program for students, ages 9 – 18. Students are accepted by audition only and will be taught by experts in the various disciplines of Musical Theatre on the campus of Northern Kentucky University, from 10 AM to 4 PM each weekday. Selected from STAR Intensive NKU, the STAR Cabaret is a group of 12-14 students who participate in year-round training and coaching. Throughout the year, participants will mentor with our expert teaching staff to be well-rounded musical theatre artists, perform for local events, and will culminate in a trip to perform a showcase for directors, agents, and casting experts. Auditions for the 2016 STAR Cabaret will take place during the STAR Intensive NKU program.
When: July 5 – July 31, 2016, weekdays 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Northern Kentucky University
Security deposit of $150 due upon acceptance into the program. Payment plans and scholarships are available.
ABOUT STAR CAMP RED BANK:
STAR Camp Red Bank (formerly known as stARTs) is our program for gifted and talented students who are advanced in some areas of musical theatre and who have progressed beyond the basic levels of training. For three weeks in June, a select number of students will work with leading professionals in the theater business to help them improve and become well-rounded performers in all areas of musical theatre. Classes will take place over the course of three weeks (Monday – Friday) from 9:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. At the end of the third week there will be a culminating showcase for family members.
When: June 6 – 24, at The Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati’s new facility, 4015 Red Bank Road
Security deposit of $50 due upon acceptance into the program. Payment plans and scholarships are available.