- 1-1/2 pounds cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup onion, vertically sliced
- 2-1/2 cups and 2 tablespoons carrots, thinly sliced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen Chinese pea pods
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 medium baking apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons oil
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Stir-fry cubed chicken breast in 1-1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil in nonstick skillet until lightly browned and cooked. Remove from skillet.
- Stir-fry onion, carrots and basil in oil in same skillet until carrots are tender. Stir in pea pods and water. Stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in apple. Add to chicken.
- Serve hot over cooked rice.