The holidays are a wonderful, family-oriented time of year when tons of lasting memories are made… but lots of time spent with lots of people, buying and wrapping presents, cooking and cleaning can also be a bit stressful (or a lot stressful). Do you ever feel like packing up and going on an adventure with your crew? Just leaving the stress at home, hitting the road, clearing your mind and going where the wind blows you? Escaping? If we are being honest, I dream these dreams often! In fact, wanderlust got the best of me this winter. I packed up some overnight bags and off to the Windy City we went.
You may have seen mention of Loews Chicago (455 North Park Drive) hotel’s “Snowed Inn” package in Cincinnati Family Magazine’s January issue. After learning about this family-friendly hotel and everything they offer, I knew this offer was for us. And if you are heading to Chicago in the near future, it will be perfect for you too!
Here are 6 reasons why we love Loews Chicago Hotel and the Snowed Inn Package…
- It’s a packaged deal! The Snowed Inn Package makes it so you don’t have to leave your room to have some fun. This package includes hot cocoa, a cookie decorating kit, one in-room movie rental, a tent and campfire set to use during your stay and more! Valet parking is covered and parents can enjoy 2 drink vouchers from either ETA Restaurant + Bar or The Lobby Lounge. Book your stay January 19-31, February 7-12, 2020 or March 5-10 and receive 2 tickets to the Centennial Wheel!
- Loews is simply luxurious! Guest rooms are lush with breathtaking panoramic city views, the lap pool is perfect for families, the lobby is lavish, onsite dining AND room service are deelish; plus there is even a Starbucks for your java needs. It’s like your home away from home- if your home was in scenic Chicago, and furnished with top of the line furniture and art 😉
- Loews loves families! The hotel is chocked full of little “extras” that will make your stay way more fun. Upon arrival, my kids were given goody bags filled with tiny toys, crayons and a coloring page. We rented an Xbox to play during our stay, but you can also check out card and board games, an iPad or Playstation; you can even borrow pool toys! Loews is family oriented and definitely makes it easy to spend quality time with your family while you travel.
- Loews loves pets! Don’t leave Fido or Frisky home, they are part of the family after all. We were not brave enough to bring out hamster, Mango, along on our trip, but if you have a dog or cat, you can certainly bring them along (additional cleaning fees apply). Your fur-babies will enjoy treats at check-in, or you can choose to spoil your pup or kitty by ordering from the exclusive pets room service menu.
- Location, location, location! Nestled near the Navy Pier, Loews Chicago Hotel is in a great location. We were able to walk to Lou Malnati’s for some Chicago style pizza and swing by Ghiradelli to get some chocolates for dessert. But a walk to the Navy Pier is totally doable, too! Don’t forget to pick up some Garrett’s popcorn while you are there.
- Big City on a Budget! All of this sounds expensive, I know. But it truly isn’t. The Snowed Inn Package starts at just $189 per night… and that is INCLUDING Valet parking!
As if all of that wasn’t enticing enough… I have one more travel tip for you. When you travel, make the most of all of your memberships!
We have a family membership to Cincinnati Museum Center that has paid for itself time and time again, through visits to CMC and museums across the U.S.
During this particular trip, we utilized our membership to receive reciprocity at 2 museums, the Museum of Science and Industry and the Field Museum. But Amanda, what does “receive reciprocity” mean? Well, we flashed our museum memberships at the ticket counter, paid zero dollars, and waltzed into these phenomenal learning centers like VIP. We still had to pay parking (usually around $25, ouch), but gosh… looking at the receipts we saved around $70 + $90 for a grand total savings of $160. Just so we are clear, a Cincinnati Museum Center premium family membership only costs $140. You do the math.
But it doesn’t stop there.
If you are a Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden member, Newport Aquarium, AAA member… utilize. those. memberships! Sometimes reciprocity means free, other times you may get discounted admission. Make your travel fun and educational by visiting zoos and museums all across the continent, and even better- do it with a discount.
We hope you check out Loews sometime soon; the Snowed Inn Package would be perfect for a Spring Break escape! We know we will be staying with Loews again… we loved our chilly excursion to Chicago.
Find out more about Loews Chicago Hotel and the Snowed Inn Package by visiting https://www.loewshotels.com/chicago-downtown or calling 1-844-743-3142.