Are we there yet? “Mom! He hit me!” Ah, the joy of family road trips with babies and young children! Turn the stress into fun with the help of tips and just after that, 5 Great Apps.
• Pack only the baby essentials you will need and pack ahead when you are relaxed.
Have bottles prepped in advance/Diapers and wipes/extra clothes/Must-have accessories
• Plan your route: Map your destination so you know what’s in store. Use a GPS!
• Plan on frequent rest stops
• Pack a small cooler with drinks and snacks
• If stopping overnight on the road, call ahead to make hotel reservations (be sure there’s a pool!)
• Don’t forget to pack a first-aid kit including Infant Tylenol
• For night time traveling, be sure you have a flashlight in your glove compartment
• Place a sunshade on Baby’s window
• Bring along soothing music
• Check out Travel Apps to REALLY make life easier
5 GREAT APPS
BabyTravel iPhone App
Works on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
Create packing lists for everyone in your family, generate soothing white noise for Baby when you need it
iOS, Android and Windows devices
Find service stations with the cheapest gas around
Rest Stops Plus
Works with iPhone, iPod touch, iPad
Locate a rest stop on the road. Includes stops with assorted amenities, scenic vistas, picnic tables and more
Tennessee Travel Guide
Works with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
Provides travel info for getting to various cities, transportation, sights, restaurants, entertainment and more
Works with BlackBerry series 8300 – 9800
Decide where to eat with this App. Spin the slot machine to pick a restaurant near you utilizing the GPS it houses.