Between the cold outside and the heat inside, your children’s skin can suffer damage. Keep everyone’s faces, fingers and feet in good shape:
• Moisturize: Apply oil-based moisturizer on kids’ faces as a protective layer and to help skin retain more moisture.
• Sunscreen: Winter sun can be just as damaging to skin as the summer’s. If kids are out in the sun, keep the sunscreen on ‘em.
• Avoid wet gloves and socks: Change them out to avoid irritation.
• Humidify: Home heating systems add to dry skin woes, so use your humidifiers to moisten the air.
• Chapstick: Kids lick their lips in the cold air and end up with ultra-dry lips. Give them chapstick regularly during winter months.