(All events occur on Veteran’s Day, November 11 unless stated otherwise).
Blue Ash Veterans Day Ceremony and Luncheon; facebook.com/events/264556935563886; Blue Ash Bicentennial Veterans Memorial Park, 4871 Cooper Road
10:30 a.m.; Open to the public, features a memorial ceremony, tolling of bells, music from the Ohio Military Band, and keynote speaker, U.S. Representative Dr. Brad Wenstrup. During the ceremony, students from Edwin H. Greene Intermediate School will read essays they have written for the event and place wreaths at the base of the statues at the park; followed by a luncheon at the Blue Ash Recreation Center (4433 Cooper Road); $5 per person.
A Veterans Day Dinner; EventBrite; American Legion Anderson Post 318, 6660 Clough Pike
5 – 10 p.m.; Includes a complimentary dinner for veterans, a cash bar and a live performance. The dinner is open to Anderson Township veterans who may bring one other attendee for free. Reservations are first-come, first-served; up to 200 attendees.
Veteran’s Day at the Countryside YMCA Lebanon; countrysideymca.org; 1699 Deerfield Road, Lebanony
Fill the Countryside YMCA’s front lawn with flags! A donation of $5 is being asked for each American flag. All proceeds will be used to fund the Veterans Day event and other veteran programs at the Y; Flags will be displayed in the front lawn through November 12. Purchase a flag at countrysideymca.org.
Mayerson JCC Veteran’s Day Lunch; happeningnext.com; 8485 Ridge Road, Cincinnati
11 a.m.; Enjoy the The Polished Brass as they perform concert for this fun luncheon event; includes patriotic selections, music of the service branches and marches by Sousa.
Local Veteran’s Day Deals:
- Free 3-Way and regular drink at Gold Star for all veterans and active-duty military – Choose between any of Gold Star’s 70+ locations throughout Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana; must present military ID or another form of identification. Learn more at goldstarchili.com/veterans-day.
- Bob Evans is offering a free meal to veterans and active-duty military – With seven farm-fresh breakfast, lunch and dinner dishes to choose from. Learn more at bobevans.com/veterans-day.
- Free Entry at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden for all members of the military – active and retired – Military personnel can also purchase up to six half-price admission tickets for members of their immediate family. Learn more at cincinnatizoo.org.
- Free cannoli chips at Piada Italian Street Food for veteran’s – HOLY CANNOLI! Cannoli Chips are the perfect dessert tossed in powdered sugar and served with chocolate chip cannoli cream back this season at Piada. Learn more at mypiada.com.
- Free Melt at any of the Cincinnati Tom & Chee locations – Veterans and active-duty military must show any proof of service (excludes Kings Island location). Learn more at tomandchee.com.
- Free entry for veterans and active military at Coney Island’s Christmas Nights of Lights – All veterans and active members of the military receive FREE admission to Christmas Nights of Lights (with valid military ID) throughout Veterans Day weekend (November 12 to 14). Learn more at christmasnightsoflights.com/cincinnati.
Plus, check out more of the Veteran’s Day deals to take advantage of here!