Here are numerous ways to build up the spirit of giving for your family this month.
1) THE SALVATION ARMY is collecting toys and donations for Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky children, families and senior citizens. Purchase presents (and non-perishables) and deliver the items on Monday, December 13 from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. to 5902 Glencrossing Way in Cincinnati. Sign up to sponsor at easternusa.salvationarmy.org.
2) HANNAH’S TREASURE CHEST is hosting Giving Angels 2021 to help grant the wishes of children and those in need during the holiday season. Your business can host an Angel Tree to collect hygiene items, laundry supplies, grocery gift cards and more. Or, donate gift cards to Kroger, Walmart or Aldi, which will be included with family Christmas care packages. Grocery store gift cards can be donated to 124 Westpark Road through December 15. Find out more by visiting hannahstreasure.org.
3) THE DROP YOUR DRAWERS CAMPAIGN at Campbell County Public Library helps collect emergency supplies of socks and underwear for local schools and Family Resource Centers. The drive helps children and students who may have had an accident, experienced an illness or homelessness. Donate new and unopened socks and underwear of any size to any of the CCPL branches. Find out more by visiting cc-pl.org or call 859-781-6166 for more information.
4) OPERATION GIVE BACK is hosting the Holiday Store to benefit local children and families this month. Donations of new toys, clothing and food will be accepted at a variety of companies, churches and organizations including a drop-off at the City of Blue Ash Recreation Center (4433 Cooper Road). Operation Give Back serves families in the Sycamore School district and Sharonville community. Visit ogiveback.org to help.
5) BRIGHTON CENTER serves Northern Kentucky families out of 741 Central Ave. in Newport. The center has created an Amazon Wish List of needed and requested holiday items.
Visit amzn.to/3obBj4U or learn more about Brighton Center’s mission or call 859-491-8303.