Here are just the right amount of notables to get kids started!
Word of mouth is your best source for kids’ podcasts since they are always changing, but we’ve curated a list of our faves of the moment.
HOW TO DO IT?
Download the Podcast app from the iTunes store or Google Play for Android. Start searching podcasts!
• “Stories Podcast” – Classic and original tales.
• “Molly of Denali” – Eight episodes based on the PBS series.
• “Wow in the World” – Science and silliness.
• “But Why?” – Answers to kids’ questions.
• “Pants on Fire” – Kids have to find the liar on a game show hosted by a robot.
• “Unspookable” – Scary stories, myths, clowns and more for kids 8 and older who like that sort of stuff.
• “LIttle Stories for Tiny People” – A very-sweet bedtime podcast.
• “Dream Big” – A mother-daughter duo interview celebrities each week.
• “Sesame Street” – Littles will hear about caring, friendship and lots more.
AGES 2 – 8 | $10 A MONTH
Available as an app and a website, kids enjoy videos, quizzes and activities.
AGES 2 – 12 | $8 A MONTH
A top reading app, the library contains more than 35,000 titles plus a read-to-me feature.
HUNGRY CATERPILLAR PLAY
AGES 1- 5 | $6 A MONTH
Little ones learn skills they will need like numbers, colors, puzzles and more.
QUICK MATH JR.
AGES 4 – 8 | FREE
Features 12 different games and fundamental math skills.
LIGHTBOT: CODE HOUR
AGES 8+ | FREE
Introduces the basic concepts of coding without overwhelming.
AGES 9+ | FREE
Learn the basics of coding languages through lessons and awesome visuals.
AGES 2 – 12 | FREE
This app screens content and shows what’s OK for kids.
AGES 0 – 4 | $1
Shapes, sorting and fun.