We’re living in a stressful time and kids need support. With pent-up energy and emotions running high, making physical activity a part of your kids’ routines can help diffuse tension, lift spirits, and reestablish a sense of normalcy. One way you can provide a soothing outlet for your kids is with yoga.
Yoga provides kids a powerful way for to build a strong foundation of self-awareness. Yoga teaches kids to slow down, become more aware of themselves and to notice the breath, mind, body and soul. Building a strong foundation in your kids will help them manage the challenges that come with life in a positive way.
• Teaches techniques for managing anxiety.
• Helps kids’ emotional wellness by focusing on the present moment.
• Increases developmental strength, flexibility and balance needed for health and longevity.
• Boosts confidence and provides empowerment.
• Reinforces kids’ concentration through focusing and memorization abilities.
• Helps kids de-stress about school, homework and peer relationships; yoga is a healthy coping strategy used for a lifetime.
• Increases determination, perseverance, patience and discernment. Yoga is built on layers and levels, so as a kid practices, they gain knowledge helping themselves make more informed decisions leading to intentional actions.
• Improves a person’s mood as it releases negative thoughts and feelings.
Local Yoga Options:
LIFE TIME; lifetime.life/kids-family-fun/classes.html
8310 Wilkens Blvd., Mason, Oh; 513-234-0660
EMBRA STUDIO; embrastudio.com
3527 Columbia Pkwy., Cincinnati, Oh; 513-321-9644
— or —
2428 High St., Fort Mitchell, Ky; 859-344-9642
NYO YOGA; nkoyoga.com
8002 Blue Ash Road, Deer Park, Oh; 833-656-9642
SHINE YOGA; shineyoga.com
3330 Erie Ave., Suite 15, Cincinnati, Oh; 513-533-9642
Yoga YouTube channels for kids and more.
COSMIC KIDS YOGA; cosmickids.com
Hundreds of yoga videos in a variety of styles. There’s also a Cosmic Kids Yoga app if you want to do lessons off of YouTube.
BARI KORAL: KIDS’ YOGA, MUSIC & MINDFULNESS; barikoral.com
The recording artist includes playful music, songs and stories while doing yoga poses. Videos are under five minutes, making them good for little kids.
GO NOODLE; gonoodle.com
Offers a variety of exercises, games, dances and more to enhance movement, mindfulness, and all-around awesomeness for kids; now launching the GoNoodle Family Club.