You can make one a leprechaun hat for yourself, too. This fun little craft is sure to get some giggles out of your little one.
What You’ll Need
Empty cylinder of some sort (we are using a mac and cheese microwave dinner container, but a baby formula can and oatmeal container works great, too)
Paint: green, black
Construction Paper: green and yellow
String, yarn or ribbon
What You’ll Do
- Paint the container green and let dry.
- Cut little shamrocks out of different colors of green construction paper while the first coat of paint is drying. These are to decorate your hat.
- Apply a second coat of green to the hat and let dry.
- Cut a square out of the yellow construction paper while the second coat of paint is drying. This square should be slightly bigger than the width of the black strip.
- Cut out the middle of the yellow square to make your buckle.
- Paint a black strip around the bottom of the container where the opening is.
- Punch a hole in both sides of the container for your string.
- Take one piece of string and slide it through the hole and tie it. Do this to the other side, too.
- Glue the buckle to the middle of the black strip between the two holes.
- Glue on your shamrocks for decoration.
Now you have a Leprechaun’s hat for your family to wear and enjoy. Although I must admit, spray painting the container outside takes less time than painting it because the type of container you use may not let the paint stick very well.