Hey, toddler tantrums happen. But the last thing you want is a tot tantrum in the middle of your neighborhood. Keep these six easy tips in mind before heading down your street this year for a more successful Halloween for everyone.
- Have a Countdown Chart! Kids love countdowns! Whether you do a calendar countdown the week or month before, come up with easy and fun daily activities leading up to the big day!
- Gather Costumes On Time – Not too early and not too late; you want your tot to build up excitement, but presenting their costumes too early can cause fits and fights as they want to over-wear their new look.
- Offer Choices – Toddlers can’t wait for trick-or-treating; so learning patience is tricky. Find small ways to give them choices leading up to the big evening. These ‘little wins’ can help prevent an explosion of overload and excitement once the big day arrives.
- Rest Up! Proper sleep is essential to prepare for a full evening of tricks and treats!
- Hassle-Free Carving – Don’t carve, decorate! Head to our Pinterest page for plenty of easy, toddler-friendly pumpkin decorating ideas.
- Know When to Call it Quits – Even if you only visited a handful of houses, enough may be enough if your little one is already complaining about tired legs. Head home when the time calls for it and have plenty of healthy Halloween snacks ready to go!