Wednesday, May 12th
Butterflies of Bali (register)
Celebrate Krohn’s Butterfly Show’s 25th anniversary! Surround yourself with 60 varieties of free-flying butterflies, discover unique plants and flowers and even go on a scavenger hunt!
1501 Eden Park Drive, Cincinnati, Oh
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.; $10 adults, $7 ages 5 – 17, free for Friends of Krohn members and children ages four and younger.
513-421-4086 or cincinnatiparks.com/krohn
Thursday, May 13th
Cicada Scavenger Hunt Bingo
It’s cicada season! Grab a bingo card from the library and take a close look around the neighborhood for signs of cicadas! Bring back a completed card for a button or small prize all monthlong (branch closed Sundays), while supplies last.
Pleasant Ridge Branch, 6233 Montgomery Road Cincinnati, Oh
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Free!
513-369-4488 or cincinnatilibrary.org
Friday, May 14th
Climb, crawl and slide through Jack’s Playground! Kiddos under 2 can find fun around every corner of the Toddler Zone, and on Wednesday and Friday nights kids will love bouncing their way through Jump’s Inflatables.
7102 Office Park Drive, West Chester, Oh
5:30 – 7:30 p.m.; $10 Friday nights, $8 weekdays, toddlers through age 2 $4 daily
513-779-5867 or jumpandjacks.com
Saturday, May 15th
KIDS MYSTERY FISH CHALLENGE (register)
Kids 16 and younger can try to catch a tagged fish for a trophy! All participants receive a derby button and every child who catches a fish will receive a certificate. You must bring your own equipment; bait will be available for purchase.
Check out these upcoming dates and locations:
- April 25: Triple Creek, 2700 Buell Road
- May 15: Miami Whitewater Forest, 9001 Mount Hope Road, Harrison
- May 31: Lake Isabella, 10174 Loveland Madeira Road, Loveland
- June 20: Woodland Mound, 8250 Old Kellogg Road
- July 4: Lake Isabella, 10174 Loveland Madeira Road, Loveland
- July 24: Campbell Lakes Preserve, 10431 Campbell Rad, Harrison
- August 14: Winton Woods, 10245 Winton Road
- September 6: Lake Isabella, 10174 Loveland Madeira Road, Loveland
513-521-7275 or greatparks.org
Kids to Parks Day 2021 (register)
Get your nature hats and and check out lots of cool programming offered by Cincinnati Parks for this year’s Kids to Parks Day!
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.; French Park (3012 Section Road); Fossil Fun: kids can spend the morning fossil hunting.
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.; LaBoiteaux Woods Nature Center (5400 Lanius Lane); Gardening, Compost and Worms!: learn all about seeds, plants and compost before taking a wildflower hike.
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.; California Woods Nature Preserve (5400 Kellogg Ave.); Play and Hike in Nature!: Get outside and play the day away with games and hiking.
- 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Trailside Nature Center (3251 Brookline Ave.); Cicada Celebration and Hike: Learn all about the reemergence of these bug-eyed beauties with this fun nature program.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.; Smale Park (166 W Mehring Way); Cincinnati Insects: Cicadas only come once every 17 years, drop by the Explore Nature table to learn all about them!
513-861-3435 or explorenature.regfox.com/kidstoparksday21
Sunday, May 16th
Kings Islands Opens! (Register, tickets available online)
Stroll down International Street to all of their favorite rides, shows and eateries. Little adventurers will love braving the rides in Planet Snoopy and the most advanced thrill-seekers will want to take on the award-winning giga-coaster, Orion! Don’t forget to finish the day with a famous blueberry ice cream cone!
11 a.m. – 10 p.m.; 6300 Kings Island Drive, Kings Mills, Oh
513-754-5700 or visitkingsisland.com