From flip flops to vacuum attachments, your dishwasher can help you out with your spring cleaning!
Got kids? Me too. That’s why I love my dishwasher. It’s on of my best friends for spring cleaning tricks. Get your kids to run around the house collecting the following items in a basket and bring to the kitchen. All of the following things can go in a dishwasher — just be sure you put some of the items on the TOP RACK and SKIP THE HEAT CYCLE on some, too.
• Clean your fan grilles. They can get grimy and the dishwasher will de-grime!
• Toss your sponges in when you run a cycle of dishes
• Clean your cleaning tools. Everything from your yucky vacuum attachments to dust pans and floor brushes (remove excess hair, dust bunnies and spider webbing first). TOP RACK /SKIP THE HEAT CYCLE.
• Small plastic kid toys – You may want to enclose in a mesh sack if pieces are very small.
• Shoes! Flip flops, crocs, any shoe that won’t be damaged by water can go in. Remove the liners first then put’em on the top rack and run without detergent – secure to the rack with plastic clothes pins or rubber bands. TOP RACK /SKIP THE HEAT CYCLE.
• Light fixtures, hard to clean glass objects
• Some sports gear like knee pads and shin guards … TOP RACK /SKIP THE HEAT CYCLE.
• Sterilize toothbrushes and toothbrush holders
• Cup holders
• Switch plates
• Stove knobs
• Soap dishes
• Makeup brushes … TOP RACK/ SKIP THE HEAT CYCLE.
• Pet dishes